Your privacy is critically important to us. At Ascent-tec, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the folks behind a variety of products and services designed to service our customers.
- Our websites (including Ascent-tec.com, ascent-tecsemispares.com, .solutions-on-silicon.com);
- Our products and services that are available on or through our websites; and
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information:We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for our websites to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create a Ascent-tec account.
- Customer Information:If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your customer profile.
- Transaction and Billing Information:If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, financial information, and contact information.
- Ecommerce Site Information:If you purchases a product through our website, you will have to create an Ascent-tec account or connect to an existing account and, for some of our ecommerce Services, provide your site URL. You may also provide us with information about your financial account to set up a payments integration, such as the email address for your payment or PayPal account or your bank account
- Communications With Us (Hi There!):You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our employees about a support question, or post a question on our site.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information:Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information:We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on our site. As another example, our site tracks information when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches at our websites along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information:We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your location via mobile apps if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your Ascent-tec account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Twitter) we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services or products;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a product or service after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our products and Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Products and Services, protect the security of our Products and Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Ascent-tec and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Products and Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Ascent-tec and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Ascent-tec and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Products and Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Products and Services, to improve our Products and Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Products and Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Products and Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our customers’ information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors:We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their Products and Services to us, or to provide their Products and Services to you or our site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Products and Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention Products and Services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery Products and Services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support Products and Services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Products and Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support Products and Services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests:We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ascent-tec, third parties, or the public at large.
- Other Site Owners:If you have a Ascent-tec account and leave a comment on a site that uses our Products and Services, your IP address and the email address associated with your Ascent-tec account may be shared with the administrator(s) of the site where you left the comment.
- Published Support Requests:And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Products and Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide:If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Products and Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications:You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies:At this time, Ascent-tec does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Products and Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Ascent-tec’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Ascent-tec’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account:While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Products and Service, let us know. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Products and Services Provided by Others
That’s it! Thanks for reading.
- May 17, 2018:added this policy to our websites.